We all loved the song “Happy” when it first hit airwaves. But when creator of the song cried tears of joy, it’s then that you realise it’s much more than just a song with happy beats and lyrics. During an interview with Oprah Winfrey on OWN’s “Oprah Prime” on 13 April, Pharrell Williams displayed an unfiltered emotion that drove him to tears. The seven-time Grammy winner wept when Oprah showed him a montage of videos created by fans from around world, who were all inspired by his song, “Happy”. So touching! “Why am I crying on Oprah?” said Pharrell. The song has become a Number 1 hit around the world, becoming the theme song for International Day of Happiness (20 March). It even got Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Lupita N’yongo up on their feet during Pharrell’s performance of it during the Oscars this year. Click on the video below to see the interview.
- Mkhwebane wants impeachment halted after court agrees with her on 2 of 12 points
- Ahmed Areff | Worried about grants? Reserve your anger for billionaire space monkeys
- KZN Mercedes Benz driver appears in court for looting
- EXCLUSIVE | State freezes R100m in bank accounts linked to diamond dealer Louis Liebenberg
- Damian Willemse primed and ready to be the Bomb Squad centre of attraction
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now