We all love looking fab and, for many, that means getting a fresh weave. But, if you don’t take care of your own hair, you could end up with breakage or a damaged hairline. Follow these pro steps:
1. Get a great stylist – don’t trust anyone who thinks they can ‘do hair’. Find a reputable salon and a stylist who knows what they’re doing.
2. Buy the best hair you can afford – the quality of the hair you’re sewing in can affect your own hair. The better quality the weave, the less wear and tear on your own tresses.
3. Keep your scalp clean and wash your scalp and weave regularly – great hair cannot grow from a damaged, flaky or irritated scalp.
4. Take care of the hair basics – get deep treatments (at the salon or at home), have your hair trimmed every time you get your hair done to prevent split ends and take a break from weaves every now and again.
5. Remove your weave after six – eight weeks – an expired weave doesn’t only look tired and messy, but it can add to irritation of your scalp.