A caring routine will protect your hair from dullness and breakage, leaving it healthy and beautiful. Lifesaving treatment The increase in humidity and the harsh sun during the hot summer months can take a toll on hair. Go for deep-conditioning treatments every second week to rebalance the oils in your hair. Moisture plus Moisture is easily lost, so you need to replace lost moisture consistently. Invest in good quality products that help to seal in moisture. You can also deep-condition at home by using a hot oil treatment once a week. Reduce the heat Avoid hot styling tools such as hairdryers and styling tongs. Also, avoid exposing your hair to too much sunlight. And use products that contain a sun protection factor. Tackle dryness Base scalp with a nutrient rich hairfood at least twice a week to give hair the life it deserves. This is the easiest step. You can do it at home. No salon required. Shampoo Don’t shampoo your hair too often; wash it only when absolutely necessary, using very little shampoo. Always follow your shampoo with a rich cream conditioner. Alternatively, co-wash your hair, by using a conditioner as shampoo. Use a wide-toothed comb to gently work out any tangles.
- SILENCED | Love me tender: How husband and wife bagged R30m in Tembisa Hospital contracts
- Nick Hedley | How growing crops under solar panels could be a game-changer for South Africa
- Axed Fort Hare professor may have used fake master's degree from dodgy US varsity to obtain PhD
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Saftu's national shutdown calls reveal a union fresh out of ideas
- Watch | Mayor’s house torched, Mpumalanga MEC intervenes in strife-torn Steve Tshwete Municipality
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now