Songbird Rihanna has been awarded the Fashion Icon Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) – we say it’s about time! The Barbados songstress has been actively involved in fashion for many years, not just for her stylish outfits, but also modelling and designing a range for River Island, a British clothing chain. The Award presented to her will honour her contributions to the fashion industry as well as her philanthropic partnership with M•A•C Aids Fund’s Viva Glam campaign, which we absolutely adore! Rihanna, who will be receiving the award at the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards on 2 June at Lincoln Centre, New York, will be joining the ranks of past winners such as Lady Gaga, Iman, Kate Moss and Nicole Kidman.
- EXCLUSIVE | Cops splurge R100m on spy technology they cannot use
- Has deciding whether Zuma should be jailed for contempt paralysed the ConCourt? It looks like it
- WATCH | Potholes, intermittent water and lights: Service delivery issues in Lichtenburg bigger than Clover
- Mpumalanga tragedy: Why I opened a case 56 years later
- An eThekwini branch wants Zandile Gumede as chair, despite step-aside rule
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now