SA Fashion Week (SAFW) opened last night to a flurry of excitement, showcasing some of the most innovative and cutting-edge designs the South African fashion industry has to offer. Woolworths launched their 2017 ‘StyleBySA’ seasonal campaign by championing home-grown talent, featuring a capsule collection by eight local designers who are taking the fashion scene by storm, namely Rich Mnisi, Thebe Magugu, AKJP, Pichulik, Maria McCloy, Sol-Sol, Selfi and Young & Lazy. From modern streetwear, to footwear and accessories inspired by the continent, the debut collaboration was met with an overwhelmingly positive response. In a first for SAFW, the collection was available online straight from the runway, resulting in a frenzy of online sales throughout the evening.
- SA man jailed, tortured in Equatorial Guinea prison gets R39m in damages
- Bruce Cameron | Lies, damn lies, and fake news by anti-vaxxers
- Saving lives vs the economy: Inside the discussions that saw SA move to Level 3 lockdown
- NSFAS ordered 180 000 laptops - but only 15 000 students needed them: Report lifts lid on its challenges
- Attending Gupta wedding had no political value and I did not okay it - Malusi Gigaba
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now