SUMMER BERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE This stunning cheesecake is the creation of Lizelle Soloman who's recipe came up tops in the Lancewood search for SA's best cheese cake recipe. Here's how to make it. INGREDIENTS CRUST 25 Oreo chocolate biscuits 80ml/80g salted butter 40g ground almonds FILLING 750g Full Fat Cream Cheese (room temperature) 200ml Double Cream Plain Yogurt (room temperature) 185ml castor sugar 1tsp ml pure vanilla extract 2 extra large eggs BERRY COULIS 1/4 cup water 2 cups frozen summer berries 130ml castor sugar DECORATION Baby figs and fresh blueberries (dusted with Gold Dust) METHOD Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a 22 cm spring form tart pan. (Add silicone mat on the bottom to make it easier to remove after baking and baking paper on top.) For the crust: Grind the cookies, ground almonds and butter until smooth. Press the mixture firmly into the tart pan base and press down. Bake for 8 minutes at 180°C. Set aside and allow to cool down completely. For the berry coulis: Bring frozen berries, sugar, lemon juice, and water to boil. Simmer until thick and set aside to cool down. For the filling: Mix the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a food processer until smooth. Place the cheesecake mixture in baking pan and spoon berry coulis on top, in the middle of the mixture. Use a knife to make patterns. Bake for 15 minutes at 160 °C, turn down to 140° C and bake a further 45 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Chill overnight in the fridge and decorate with mini figs and gold dusted blueberries.
- 'Vengeful spite' and 'publicity seekers': Ace Magashule, ANC meet in court
- Don't worry - we will eventually have the money for SAA, Harith says amid funding concerns
- Karyn Maughan | Malema's bid to gag former EFF MP over VBS ends in tears for the fighters
- No trust, no understanding - the divide between SA's formal sector and the township economy
- Tour Verdict: SA's bowling boxes ticked, but batting issues remain a work in progress
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now