Tennis champion Serena Williams is through to the semi finals of the Australian Open 2016. This is the despite the star experiencing a bout of food poisoning, and needed a medical timeout at the end of a tight first set against Maria Sharapova. Speaking after beating Sharapova, she says, “I was a little lethargic. I was just dealing with some food poisoning issues from a few days ago. That was it.” Williams has defeated the Russian player 18 times in a row. The defending champion is now chasing her 22nd Grand Slam title.
- 7 takeaways from Katlego Maboe’s emotional interview on returning to Expresso
- 8 key takeaways from the Mohale: On The Record interview
- Is your child safe at crèche? 5 effective ways to screen childcare facilities
- Monique Muller responds to Katlego Maboe’s case being dismissed
- 5 tips to enjoy the woman-on-top position
- EXCLUSIVE | Phala Phala theft: The Dubai buyer, a buffalo and the stolen $600 000
- Ceres nursing home rocked by death of woman who was allegedly forgotten outside overnight
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Why an 'Arab Spring' revolution won’t happen in South Africa
- Carol Paton | Ramaphosa needs to get a grip as SA slides into instability
- Boks are quietly engineering 'Operation 2027'
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now