Tennis champion Serena Williams is through to the semi finals of the Australian Open 2016. This is the despite the star experiencing a bout of food poisoning, and needed a medical timeout at the end of a tight first set against Maria Sharapova. Speaking after beating Sharapova, she says, “I was a little lethargic. I was just dealing with some food poisoning issues from a few days ago. That was it.” Williams has defeated the Russian player 18 times in a row. The defending champion is now chasing her 22nd Grand Slam title.
- PIC | Caster Semenya and wife are expecting their second baby
- Style Crush | LaConco's best style moments
- Miss SA Shudufhadzo Musida on her new children's book: "It's a story of struggles and hope"
- PICS | Liesl Laurie and Dr Musa Mthombeni’s virtual lobola negotiation
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- Ramaphosa responds to 'a battle on two fronts' as SA moves to Level 3
- Decision to make me a prohibited person in SA made in bad faith - rape accused Omotoso
- Mkhwebane asks ConCourt for rescission not as an attempted appeal, but to correct an error
- Icy weather good for some SA crops - but sugar, potatoes may be hit
- BLA president cleared of sexual harassment allegations by independent investigator
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now