We watched the sitcom Girlfriends in awe because the cast was made up of a really tight-knit friendship. Here is how to build a solid girl squad: Let go if it doesn’t feel right We’re so quick to be loyal and hold on to something that no longer serves us. The number of years won’t mean much if you’re not getting anything out of it. We outgrow each other and that is okay. Be honest There’s nothing more than having people around you who are honest and will tell you when you’re wrong. You need friends that can sit you down and give you honest and heartfelt advice, and not just be “yes man” in your life. Loyalty Knowing that you have people that have your back is great. As the saying goes “it’s not what they say to you, it’s what they say when you’re not there.” You need the kind of friend that doesn’t need to ask much or but come out guns blazing for you. No judgement We’re human, so there will be moments when you do think “what was she thinking?”, but true friends shouldn’t judge each other. Their judgments come from doubting or even hating themselves, which is only going to filter into your life. Flaws and all, you should accept one another. Celebrate one another Friends are meant to represent different sides of your personality. So they should not only represent those but challenge those realms. They should listen, support you, pick you up from your losses but most of all they should celebrate your victories.
- Shona Ferguson's family members share touching tributes to honour his memory
- WATCH | 4 on-screen roles to remember Shona Ferguson by
- Shona Ferguson passed away from Covid-19 related complications
- Getting to know Gomora’s rising star, Nandipa Khubone
- GALLERY | Bontle Modiselle’s stunning #SAMA27 looks
- Covid-19: 'We need to get the balance right' - Winde doubts need for stronger lockdown in Western Cape
- NPA raises security concerns as imprisoned Zuma refuses to consent to virtual 'special plea' hearing
- Don't let unions place us in business rescue - we'll do it ourselves, Mango to ask court
- ANALYSIS | Is Medupi really complete or was it a 'premature paperwork exercise' for Eskom?
- Mandy Wiener | Why are we waiting Cyril? It's getting irritating, waiting for a Cabinet reshuffle
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now