Prep Time: 40 mins Ingredients
- 600 g lamb mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped?1 sprig thyme, chopped
- 1 egg?
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 T oil?
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chilli, finely chopped?
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T sugar?
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 600 g spaghetti
READ MORE: Tips to plan your weekly meal prep better
1. In a large bowl, mix the mince, breadcrumbs, rosemary, thyme and egg. Season with salt and black pepper. With wet hands, take a bit of mixture and shape into balls. Place all the balls on a baking tray, and place in the fridge for a few minutes to chill. ?
2. Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan, ?and add onion, garlic and chilli. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Add tomatoes and sugar, and stir until well combined. Add the stock and bring to simmer for 15 minutes, until sauce has thickened and reduced.
3. In another deep saucepan, heat enough oil until it's very hot. Deep fry the meatballs for 10 minutes. Remove and shake off excess fat, place in the tomato sauce.
4. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, until flavours are infused.?
5. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes until al dente. Remove, drain. Serve with the meatballs. Sprinkle with grated cheese.