- Avoid cutting the cuticles because this will leave you vulnerable to skin irritation and infections. In addition, you’ll run the risk of getting unwanted nail issues leading to stunted growth and discolouration.
- To elongate your nail bed and make it appear longer, gently push back your cuticles with an orange stick.
- Keep your cuticles moisturised with more than your regular hand cream. Invest in a cuticle-softening and hydrating product and massage the product into your cuticles the in morning and evening. Petroleum jelly works well.
- Treat yourself to a hot wax treatment every time you go foryour monthly mani and pedi; it’s the most intense way to lock in moisture.
- Nail biters often turn to nibble on the cuticles, stop this habit. Saliva contain enzymes that damage the skin which can lead to infection when exposed to broken skin.
Take Care of Your Cuticles
Next on TrueLove
5 minutes with writer and creative producer Mahlogonolo “Manchester” Mahapa
26 May 2020