Phobia is defined as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. Read more on some of most random and weird phobias out there according to Nursing Degree Guide.
Here are 10 of the weird phobias we didn’t know existed:
- Ecclesiophobia: The fear of church and going to church is called ecclesiophobia.
- Gamophobia: It’s not just an excuse: some people actually have a valid fear of getting married.
- Ancraophobia: This is the fear of wind.
- Spectrophobia: Those who are too afraid to look at their own reflection in a mirror have spectrophobia.
- Ergophobia: If you miss a day at the office, you could try telling your boss that you’ve suddenly developed ergophobia, or the fear of work or functioning.
- Sitophobia: The fear of eating is called sitophobia, and can become very serious. Not sure how one survives.
- Optophobia: Opening one’s eyes is just too stressful for some individuals.
- Tokophobia: a pathological fear of getting pregnant, which can lead to the fear of childbirth.
- Gelotophobia: Those who fear being laughed at — and actually evaluate social situations for "signs of laughter and ridicule" — suffer from gelotophobia
- Androphobia: the fear of men