BLUE CHEESE POTATO CAKES? Makes: 12 cakes Prep time: 1 hour INGREDIENTS 6 large potatoes, peeled and boiled? 1/2 cup milk? 2 Tbsp butter Salt and pepper? 1 tsp baking powder 150g blue cheese? 1 egg, beaten?1 cup breadcrumbs METHOD
- In a pot, heat boiled potatoes with milk and butter, and mash until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Add baking powder to make mash light and fluffy. ?
- Crumble blue cheese into the mash and mix. Using a spoon, scoop out the mash and shape into cakes with your hands. ?
- Heat the oil in a fryer or large saucepan. Dip the potato cakes into the egg, coat with breadcrumbs, and place in oil and fry on both sides until golden. ?
- Remove and allow to cool. Serve warm. ?
BARLEY AND LENTIL SALAD? Serves: 6? Prep time: 45 minutes INGREDIENTS 2 cups barley, cooked 1 cup lentils, cooked 1 red pepper, finely chopped 1 bunch parsley, chopped Handful mint, chopped? 1 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup pistachio nuts 1 red onion, sliced? 4 tbsp mint sauce? 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed Salt and pepper METHOD
- In a bowl, mix barley, lentils, pepper, parsley, mint, cranberries, nuts and onion. ?
- Heat mint sauce in the microwave and mix into the salad. Season with salt ?and pepper, and sprinkle with feta just before serving. ?