The frock is flattering, versatile, and easy to wear. The wrap dress has been a hit since it's invention 43 years ago. Here we introduce you to the woman that first made it and the celebs who adore it. Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton, Oprah Winfrey are some of the well known faces who swear by a wrap dress. Ciara wore the most fashion forward style at the Grammy’s last year. Did you know?
- It was invented in 1974 by the iconic Diana Von Furstenberg
- She collaborated with Gap kids in 2012 to design kids collection, included in the collection was a wrap dress.
- It’s been in existence for 40 years and still a current and fashionable piece.
- When Diane created the wrap dress it was merely an experiement. She was playing around with.She didn’t consider it as a fashion revelation. In her mind she was making easy dresses to wear for women. The wrap dress ended becoming a stament fashion piece.
- She was named the most powerful woman in fashion by Forbes Magazine in 2012.