STUFFED PORK BELLY Serves: 6? INGREDIENTS 2 pears, finely chopped 2 Tbsp sage, chopped? 1 cup breadcrumbs 100g bacon, diced 1 red onion, finely chopped? 1 egg? Salt and pepper 1kg pork belly 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 Tbsp honey METHOD
- Preheat oven to 200oC. In a bowl, mix pears, sage, breadcrumbs, bacon, red onion and egg. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to make stuffing.
- Season pork belly with salt and pepper, then rub with olive oil and honey. Place stuffing in the middle of the open pork belly, fold and secure with a string, and place on a roasting tray. If you have leftover stuffing, roll it into small balls and place on a roasting tray. ?
- Roast in the oven for ?40 minutes or until done. Carve into slices and serve with salad. ?
- Pre heat oven to 180oC. Place duck in a bowl and pour boiling water over it to open up the pores. Remove and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Season the duck with salt, pepper and Chinese five-spice powder.
- In abowl, combine soy, hoisin and tomato sauces, rice vinegar and honey. Marinate the duck in the mixture for 30 minutes. ?
- Place in the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes (breast side down). Remove and turn the duck breast side up, and roast while basting every ?15 minutes for another ?11/2 hours. ?
- Remove and leave to cool ?before carving. ?