We can no longer fear the flare. And really, there’s no need to. Remember how we all cowered in fear when skinny jeans were introduced? How could we possibly style such tight jeans, nevermind in a flattering way. But today the skinny jean is as much of a wardrobe staple as the classic white shirt or the trench coat. With that in mind, let us explore flares. The ways to style are endless: the easiest style hack is to simply keep proportions in mind a la Solange Knowles. Keep your top half super fitted and take the opportunity to show some skin like Bonang. (It balances out the voluminous shape of the trousers.) Style tip: High heels are also an easy way to ease your way into the trend (especially for the shorter sisters.) For those who dare to wear, however, the answer lies in the art of exaggeration. A longer-length knit or blazer is an edgy way to wear oversized trousers, and the result is achingly modern. Style tip: Pair with sneakers for a look that’s sure to set social media alight.
- Shona Ferguson passed away from Covid-19 related complications
- Getting to know Gomora’s rising star, Nandipa Khubone
- Shona Ferguson's family members share touching tributes to honour his memory
- PICS | Liesl Laurie and Dr Musa Mthombeni’s virtual lobola negotiation
- 5 things to do in Durban this winter
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now