Actress The series, which also stars Terrence Howard, returned for its third season on Wednesday (21Sep16) and following the premiere, the In Da Club star reportedly took to Instagram and posted a shot of Taraji, who plays Cookie Lyon, along with a headline indicating the show's ratings had dropped. "Well look at the bright side at least. You can eat your trophies," he wrote. "I was talking to old girl but you felt like you had to respond. SMH (shake my head) you know I love you cookie. I got a new show for you BMF COMING SOON !!!#EFFENVODKA." The post has since been deleted, but the 46-year-old actress reportedly didn't take long to respond, writing, "For the confused ppl (people). Do REAL research!!! Loose change makes sooooooo (sic) much UNNECESSARY NOISE. STILL LOOKING FOR THAT DAMN CENT SIGN!!! I guess it's obsolete. AGAIN CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS BLACK MAN!!! @50cent." She also included a message about the show being the "number one scripted series on broadcast TV" with her message. However, the 41-year-old rapper was not done with his side of the argument and responded, "All this back and forth s**t is starting to turning me on cookie, LMAO (laugh my a** off) I ran into (Empire creator) Lee Daniels at the gym... he asked why I didn't except his offer to be on EMPIRE. I told him I have a lot going on, I'm actually working on the show FOX is gonna replace EMPIRE with, he looked at me like... why the f**k are you doing that? It's because I'm a drug dealer, and I was taught to get in, get your weight up, then take over. So that's the deal #EFFENVODKA #smsaudio #FRIGO." Taraji and 50 Cent's feud started last year (15), when he accused producers of the show of copying his hit show Power's promotional tactics. Daniels and Henson then hit back at him in an Empire episode in which her character said, "50 Cent still taking jabs at us. Look what he put on the gram (Instagram). Thirsty (overly eager) a**." However, despite their feud, Taraji still supports Power actress Naturi Naughton. "Sooooooooo (sic) proud of you @naturi4real I WANT YOU TO KNOW I will NEVER let any NEGATIVITY come between the LOVE I have for my sisters!!!" she wrote. "As women we put up with enough BS (bulls**t). I will NEVER add to that stress and heartache!!! YOU ARE DOPE (amazing) on #Power and in life!!! #BlackGirlMagic SHINE BABY SHINE." © Cover Media
- Tributes pour in for late actor Luzuko Nteleko
- How Rich Mnisi’s legs set the internet ablaze | "I took a nap and woke up to my phone going off"
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- GALLERY | Our favourite looks from the Cell C Inanda Africa Cup
- ANC set to tell court it had a right to suspend Ace Magashule
- The PIC, 'cadres' and SAA: What are the wars that made Tshepo Mahloele’s ambition seem a virtue?
- Angelo Fick | Johannesburg: No more glitter in the 'City of Gold'
- As Hlophe faces impeachment vote, LPC confirms his attorney is under investigation for misconduct
- Cape Town church caught up in Covid-19 relief fund fraud case pays back some of the money
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now