If you don’t recognise Lineisy Montero at first glance, where have you been? Mointero only hit the limelight last season with Prada as her first runway designer – not a shabby start at all. In just six months, she has landed the coveted Teen Vogue cover. The leggy model is of Dominican descent, is only 19 years old. What makes her super boss is that she’s a natural beauty, and is seen proudly sporting her natural hair sans designers’ demands. The president of her agency Next Models said to Style.com of her look: “I think she represents something completely new to what is in the beauty conversation in fashion at the current moment. I do feel that her appearance with natural hair on the Prada runway is important. It speaks to the range in beauty and the importance of embracing one’s own natural beauty.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves!
- THE ESKOM FILES | A dream house, school fees and sparkly teeth: Another Eskom rogue exposed
- Violence, torture, abuse of power: SA man describes horror of wrongful imprisonment in Equatorial Guinea
- POLITICS THIS WEEK: Ace vs the ANC
- Adriaan Basson | If you live in Gauteng, you should be in Level 5 lockdown
- SAA deal: Don't expect R3bn cheque on day 1 of starting up, says consortium CEO Gidon Novick
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now