The term co-washing is the shorter version for conditioner-only washing, which refers to the hair cleansing routine where shampoo is left out. Only the conditioner is used to cleanse and nourish the hair. By no means are we saying ditch your shampoo all together; ideally, we should be washing out hair once a week. Hair aficionados swear by this blossoming trend because it not only cleanses hair, but it also leaves hair with a healthy shine, instantly softer and much more manageable. Benefits of co-washes The results of c-washing are just as good as you’d get if you used a shampoo. However, conditioners are replace moisture that may have been removed during shampooing. The pro with co-washing is hair appears smoother, shinier and easier to control and style. A majority contain detergent components which work effectively to cleanse away oil build-up and dirt. Generally, shampoo strips the hair of its natural oils, which is why we recommend co-washing because conditioners. Is co-washing for you? This is not an entirely new concept; this method of cleansing was discovered by curly haired women who found it more beneficial for their hair. This worked because tightly coiled, curly and wavy hair tends to be much dryer, therefore needing much more replenishment in order to look and feel healthy. Those with coloured hair should also consider switching as this will help them retain colour for longer. Tread carefully Women with a straight or fine hair should steer clear of this because it’ll leave your hair weighed down. If you experience itchy or oily scalp issues, skip this trend and continue with your normal routine. Conditioners to try: Hask Monoi Oil Nourishing Conditioner, R139,95 TRESemme Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner Dry Damaged Hair, R96,95 Dr. Miracle's Curl Care Nourishing Conditioner, R119,95 Garnier Ultimate Blends Conditioner The Shine Revitaliser, R59,95 Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner, R69,99
- 5 minutes with Skeem Saam actor Clement Maosa
- Tshepo Mashego on dressing South Africa's elite - 'A suit is an investment'
- GALLERY | Inside the DStv Mzansi Viewer’s Choice Awards blue carpet
- 'Lessons I learned in the past 5 years of running my business'
- GALLERY | Our favourite fashion moments from the 2022 BET Awards
- Stage 6 fiasco: Ratings downgrade may now be on the cards, economists warn
- Stage 6: eThekwini still exempt as municipalities brace for critical services to be hampered
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA must depend less on fertiliser imports, or face worse food price hikes
- Father relieved after denying son R150 to go to Enyobeni Tavern on night when 21 died
- Downer denies Zuma’s criminal accusations against him, urges ConCourt to dismiss latest appeal
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now