1. Exfoliate your lips with a homemade scrub. Mix brown sugar or salt with a bit of warm water, honey or coconut oil. Massage the mix on your lips and wipe with a warm cloth. Follow with a hydrating lip balm.
2. Dehydration leads to chapped lips. Besides making sure that your lips are always moisturised, top up with the recommended eight glasses of water a day.
3. Licking your lips is the worst thing you can do because it removes the skin’s natural oils. Avoid it completely.
4. Stay clear of matte lipstick as they dry the lips. Use a hydrating lip balm.
5. Fancy perfumed lip balms are nice, but stick to the basics. Opt fragrance-free balms.