Life day spa invited us be treated for a facial and here’s what we got from it.
First things first
For someone who’s never done a facial before, naturally I didn’t know what to expect, but the professionals at the Spa made it a comfortable first experience. The standard procedure for everyone booked for a treatment is that you fill in a form that’ll inform the therapists of any allergies or skin conditions you might have. This is to ensure that your skin doesn’t react badly to the products used and if it’s safe for them to do the treatment on you.
To get things started the professional beauty therapist Thandeka Manqa cleansed my face using the Optiphi cleanser from the classic range. This was to prepare the skin for the steps to follow . The therapist then followed with a steaming session which is said to be the best way to cleanse your facial pores.
On that same week I had the biggest pimple on my cheek so I was very happy when I heard she’ll be doing an extraction. She then carefully attended to each pimple I had on my face before applying a mask solution.
I got to choose the scent I enjoyed the most and that was the mask she used on my face. She then let the mask sit on my face for fifteen minutes and as we waited these are the some of the skin care tips she shared with me.
· Never use bar soaps to wash your face, rather use a liquid cleanser as it’s less harsh on the skin.
· Never sleep with make-up on.
· Implement a skin care routine that best suits you, but the basic one being cleansing, toning and moisturising .
· Facials should be done at least once a month, depending on your skin.
· You will see lesser breakouts, and a much hydrated and smoother face if you make facials a habit.
To end of the treatment, she peeled off the mask, applied a hydrating serum which is also a part of the Optiphi classic range.
Special thanks to Life Day Spa Rosebank and Optiphi for the treatment.