How do you know which foundation works for your tone?
When choosing foundation colour for your skin tone, do not test on your hand because the shade on your hand is different from the tone of your face. Apply at least three different colours on your jaw line. The colour that vanishes and blends perfectly onto your skin is the right one to go with.
Which one do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
You can use the foundation to conceal and the concealer as a foundation. They are both foundations at the end of the day. It’s just that concealer is concentrated. You can use both products for different reasons but they are the same. You use a concealer where you need to cover up imperfections or pigmentation.
What is the best way to apply foundation?
The best way to apply your foundation is to use a foundation brush. You can get it at any beauty store where you buy your make-up.
What can you use to make your make-up last long?
Use rose water to prevent your make-up from shrinking during the day. Keep your skin hydrated because sometimes you find that you have smiling lines around your eyes and mouth. Rose water is great for preventing this, and it also makes the skin softer.
You can spritz as much as your skin needs but do so at a distance. Most setting or refreshing sprays that are aimed at keeping make-up intact contain rose water as the main ingredient; hence I advise it’s best to use rose water.
Tips on caring for your skin while using make-up:
· Exfoliate and mask your skin
Exfoliate and mask the skin at least once a week to help remove dead cells, leaving your skin looking smooth and healthy. Applying a mask on your skin increases hydration.
· Use a sunscreen every day
Make sure that you apply sun protection every day. This will protect your skin from dangerous UV rays.
Your top two beauty products?
· Revlon’s ColorStay Liquid Foundation because it’s very light.
· MSLondon Mineral Powder as it gives your skin a flawless glow.
What are the dos and don’ts of applying make-up?
· Less is more. As cliché as it sounds, you don’t have to plaster your face with heavy make-up. You can apply as little as you can because a drop really does go a long way.
· Use colours that complement your skin tone. I always recommend that you use bronzer as well as brown or gold hues for your eyes because they’ll easily blend with your skin tone.
· Mascara is a must.
· Make sure you go to a brow bar to maintain your eyebrows. Don’t overdo your eyebrows, go for a natural brow look because your eyebrows and foundation will either break or make your look.
· Thou shall not live in your make-up. Removing make-up before you sleep gives your skin time to breathe and regenerate itself.