TRUELOVE celebrates 48 years in publishing and have had exciting growth as a multi-media platform in the events realm; along with an engaging digital platform and payment gateways.
The iconic brand aims to continue to develop a relationship with their loyal readers – sharing inspiring stories, encouraging the important conversations, and doing it for the culture. The magazine is a go-to lifestyle handbook and style guide for black women – and the brand is excited about Khosi’s new era.
“We are delighted to bring Khosi onboard to join the team,” adds Minette Ferreira, Media24 Lifestyle General Manager.
“The biggest advantage of bringing Khosi onboard is her passion for our brands. She is currently studying towards a postgraduate degree in Futures Studies – which focuses on trends that shape the future – and it has been a dream of hers to edit TRUELOVE.”
Speaking on her new appointment, Khosi says, “The passionate TRUELOVE affair with South African women and brands continues. We’re living in a time of pursuing all that we need and want. We are now global, we are pacesetters, and part of a network of phenomenal women from all over the world.”
“I look forward to our journey together as we strive to be the best versions of ourselves. I’m thrilled to join the TRUELOVE family and excited about unveiling the layers of this new vision in the months ahead.”
Get ready for an exciting new season for magazines in SA! Here’s everything you need to know about the Stellenbosch University alum:
- Khosi has over fifteen years’ experience under her belt in the media industry – with a background in magazines, newspapers, over-the-top (OTT) media services, and television.
- She previously served as editor of DRUM Magazine for four years, before moving to Tencent Africa Services.
- No stranger to Media24, Khosi was also editor of Move! magazine from 2008 to 2010 and founded Move! Best Parent magazine – the first local black parenting title.
- Under her leadership, DRUM launched several lucrative brand extensions and she won numerous awards for both DRUM and Move! magazines.
- Khosi has been named one of Mail & Guardian’s Top 200 Young South Africans you must take to lunch, and The Media magazine’s Top 40 under 40 for 2015.
In the spirit of new beginnings, TRUELOVE has also introduced Sarah Curtis-Bowles as Head of Advertising, along with her team; Daniela Di Giovanni, Susan Pienaar and Charlene Meyer.
Readers can look forward to a fresh take on TRUELOVE – starting with the February/March issue, on shelf 5 Feb 2021.
Contact Commercial Manager, Lise Coetsee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.