We chat to the owner of online store TrendySecrets Ikgopoleng Mojawesi about this seasons must-have dresses.
- Polka dots - You can play around by adding accessories of the same pattern.
- Pastel colours - They’re soft and totally in season and go well with just about anything.
- Fringe/tassles - They are everything delicious!
- Floral - What is spring without blossoms?
- Checks/scotch - These dresses are fun and the pattern is timeless.
What trends should women look out for with pattern and designs?
· Sheerness - the likes of chiffon and tulle, it depends on the design you choose but big curvy women should shy away from big designs as they make you look wider.
· Glitters - sequence and crystals are now power outfits for a night out; you will never go wrong. A dress or a suit goes well in this material.
· Feathers –A light feather dress will turn heads.
· Animalia - Leopards are back, lock yourself in the cage we’re about to paint the street black and brown.
What are the dos and don’ts of choosing dresses?
· Wear long flair dresses with flats and heels
· Get a Slit - we need and live for slits in dresses especially in long maxis and long skirts
· Make sure your patterned dress goes well with your skin tone
· Own a long red dress. Blood-red is the new black
· Play around with your dresses. Put a belt on, a hat, shades, boots or wear it back to front
· Wear three-quarter floral dresses with stockings
· Rock a garden dress at a garden party with heels. It’s not a good combo
· Wear maxi dresses that are too tight
· Don’t confine yourself to one size. Clothes are made according to measurements
· Learn fabrics ,you will get a sense of which one suits you best
· Recognise different cuts
· Step out of your comfort zone and once in a while try fabrics you haven’t tried before