There’s nothing that says summer like a good sparkling wine, and this brand-new offering from Durbanville Hills – in the same gorgeous bottle as their other sparkling wines – is just what you need for a summer celebration.
It’s called Honeysuckle: a sassy flavour fit for a queen, with a slightly sweeter taste. Crafted with Durbanville Hills creativity and quality, this Demi-Sec is extra playful and fun. Each sip reveals peach, apricot and sweet melon aromas over a ripe peach and zesty citrus taste. It pairs perfectly with fresh summer berries, smoked salmon, sushi and fabulous friends.
And if you’re looking to experiment with this sweet new offering, scroll down for a high-end cocktail that will impress any guest. Or try the Durbanville Hills cocktail finder for even more options.
The Cocktail Finder
This fun game means you can swipe to match with your ideal Honeysuckle cocktail – with this, your party is bound to get interesting. Click here to find your summer-perfect plus one.
Here's a Durbanville's Honeysuckle cocktail recipe you'll love:
What you'll need:
- 25ml brandy (Van Ryn's 12-Year-Old)
- 10ml medium cream sherry
- 20ml honey syrup
- 35ml cloudy apple juice
- 20ml milk whey*
- Durbanville Hills Honeysuckle
- 3 drops truffle oil
- Burnt rosemary (use a chef’s torch or lighter)
- 1 litre full-cream milk
- 40ml lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
Add the milk to a saucepan and bring up to 85-90°C (do not boil – use a thermometer to check). Add the lemon juice and salt, turn off the heat, stir and let it rest to curdle for approximately 20 minutes. Strain the liquid through a double-folded cheesecloth and bottle the liquid (the liquid is whey, the solids are ricotta).
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add brandy, sherry, honey syrup, cloudy apple juice and whey.
2. Seal and shake hard for 10 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and top with Durbanville Hills Honeysuckle.
4. Garnish with 3 drops of truffle oil and a burnt rosemary sprig