Preparation time: 2 hours | Serves: 6
- 500 g chicken feet, cleaned
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon zest and juice
- Bunch of coriander, finely chopped
1. Add chicken feet and stock to a saucepan. Boil, then simmer for 1/2 hours. Remove meat, then reserve stock and set aside.
2. Heat oil in the same sauce pan. Sauté onion, garlic and chillies, cooking untiltranslucent. Return the chicken feet and stir.
3. Add paprika, tomato puree, sugar, lemon zest, and juice - then stir.
4. Return stock to the sauce pan, and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat until sauce has thickened and reduced.
5. Add coriander and serve hot