If you love colour, follow all the latest makeup trends and want to turn your passion into a career, grab your makeup brush! Entries for the #SorbetMUASearch 2020 are officially open. The Sorbet Makeup Artist Search 2020 aims to find 10 aspiring makeup artists who have the talent and passion, but haven’t had the opportunity of a formal qualification.
“When we launched Sorbet Makeup in March 2018, we packed our makeup formulations with “Do Good” benefits for the skin. We’re excited to expand this philosophy to our first ever makeup artist search and are truly excited to be inspired by the huge talent in South Africa," says Jamie Lane, head of Merchandise & Marketing at Clicks Group.
“The Sorbet brand has always been centred around the idea of community upliftment,” explains Sapna Naran, Group Marketing Manager at Sorbet. “As a brand, we want to do more than ‘just sell makeup’, we want to empower people with the skills to earn a living doing what they love."
Choosing the top 10 winners is not going to be an easy task, says Naran but the Sorbet and Clicks team, together with the judges know exactly what they are looking for. "We want people who are committed, passionate and bubbly (like Sorbet!). You need to be authentic and show us why you love what you do. As a makeup artist, it’s important to be able to connect with people on all sorts of levels, to communicate with them and make them feel comfortable. We'll also be judging on application, technique, use of colour and overall presentation,” she says.
- Includes full training and qualification from the Beauty Institute of South Africa
- Full makeup kit with a professional makeup portable cosmetics travel trolley and makeup belt
- A Sorbet monthly spending allowance of R500 per month for 12 months.
- The winners will also gain experience in working with both Clicks and Sorbet teams on photoshoots, events, in-store experiences and other great opportunities.
Judges for the competition
- Celebrity makeup artist and beauty fashion anchor Nthato Mashishi
- Glamour SA Beauty Editor Jesé-Ché Lillienfeldt
- Makeup tastemaker Itumeleng 'Tumi' Mokwatlo
- Makeup artist and hairstylist Kirsten Murphy Rossiter and
- Social media content creator and professional makeup artist Vongai Mapho.
How to enter:
Click here to enter the competition. Tell us why you want to become South Africa’s newest Sorbet Makeup Artist and upload a before and after picture of three looks. Entries close on 21 August 2020. Ts and Cs apply. Don't miss out!