Loved for their freshness and great tasting food, McCain has been an indelible part of many family celebrations for the last 20 years. When families gather around tables this festive season, memories will be created over endearing hugs, belly-deep laughters and silly banter! However, the real star of these catch-up sessions is always the decadent spread of food. These yummy two recipes will create unforgettable food memories with those closest to you!
HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Preparation: 20min | Cooking: 20 min | Serves: 4-6
- 500g McCain Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 200 g x 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tbs olive oil
- garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs mixed seeds and nuts (optional)
- In a medium size sauce pan add hot water, McCain Brussels Sprouts and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until crisp but still tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan, cook salmon over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Sauté garlic in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil for half a minute; add honey, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until well blended. Set aside 2 tablespoons of glaze. Drain Brussels Sprouts and add to the pan with mixed seeds & nuts.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Serve with salmon; drizzle with reserved glaze.
Tip: Be careful not overcook ingredients as both salmon and Brussels Sprouts are quite delicate.
Chicken Burger with Skinny Fries
Preparation: 20 min | Cooking: 30 min | Serves: 4 -6
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 500g McCain Skinny Fries
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4c) cake flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1T tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp Portuguese chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp dried origanum
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Oil for frying
- 6 Bread rolls
- Iceberg lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Gherkins, sliced
Heat oven to 180ºC.
1. Toss McCain Skinny Fries with the olive oil mixture and spread in a single layer in a casserole dish or on a baking tray.
2. Follow the cooking instructions on the pack. When cooked they should be golden-brown and crisp with a light, fluffy centre.
1. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and shape the mixture into patties.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium/high heat and fry the patties on each side for 6-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Assemble your burgers with the bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, gherkins and serve with McCain Skinny Fries.
Win with McCain!
In the spirit of giving, you could stand a chance to win one of eight R1000 shopping vouchers, compliments of McCain.
All you have to do is try one of our recipes and share your creation using the hashtag #growingtogether and #madewithmccain on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
Two winners will be announced every Friday on the McCain social media platforms.