When families gather around tables this festive season, memories will be created over endearing hugs, belly-deep laughters and silly banter! However, the real star of these catch-up sessions is always the decadent spread of food. McCain has created two delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes, using their fresh ingredients, to help you create more food memories with your loved ones! Happy cooking…
Sauteed Salmon and Brussel Sprouts
Preparation: 20 min | Cooking: 30 min | Serves: 4 -6
- 30ml (2T) olive oil
- 500g McCain Skinny Fries
- 15ml (1T) salt
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 60ml (1/4c) cake flour
- 15ml (1T) lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml (1T) sweet chili sauce
- 15ml (1T) Portuguese chicken seasoning
- 15ml (1T) dried origanum
- 30ml (2T) olive oil
- Oil for frying
- 6 Bread rolls
- Iceberg lettuce
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Gherkins, sliced
Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Toss McCain Skinny Fries with the olive oil mixture and spread in a single layer in a casserole dish or on a baking tray.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the pack. When cooked they should be golden-brown and crisp with a light, fluffy centre.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and shape the mixture into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium/high heat and fry the patties on each side for 6-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Assemble your burgers with the bread rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and gherkins.
HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- 500g McCain brussels sprouts, halved
- 200 g x 4 salmon fillets
- 3 tbs olive oil, divided
- garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs mixed seeds and nuts (optional)
- In a medium size sauce pan add hot water and place McCain brussels sprouts, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan, cook salmon over medium heat in for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Sauté garlic in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil for half a minute; add honey, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until well blended. Set aside 2 tablespoons of glaze. Drain Brussels sprouts; add to the pan with mixed seeds & nuts.
- Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Serve with salmon; drizzle with reserved glaze.
Tip: Be careful not over cook your recipe, salmon and brussels sprouts are quite delicate.