When families gather around tables this festive season, memories will be created over endearing hugs, belly-deep laughters and silly banter! However, the real star of these catch-up sessions is always the decadent spread of food. These yummy two recipes will create unforgettable food memories with those closest to you!
HONEY & MINT LAMB CHOPS SERVED WITH POTATO WEDGES
Preparation: 15 Min
Marinating: 30 Min
Cooking: 45 Min
- 2tbsp butter
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soya sauce
- 8 lamb chops
- 500g McCain Original Potato Wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp salt
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium/low heat then sauté ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add mint, lemon pepper seasoning, soya sauce and mix well together.
- Pour over the lamb chops and allow to marinate for 20 – 30 minutes before braaiing over medium to hot coals for 3 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Spread the McCain Original Potato Wedges on a large non-stick baking tray and toss with olive oil, salt & cayenne pepper.
- Lie them flat in a single layer – use two trays rather than to overcrowd one.
- Roast for 30 - 40 mins, turning now and then.
- When cooked they should be golden brown and crisp with a light fluffy center.
- Scatter flaked sea salt over and serve the wedges with lamb chops and mint sauce.
CHICKEN BREASTS IN CREAMY SPINACH AND MUSHROOM SAUCE
4 chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
500g McCain Creamed Spinach
125ml (½c) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes on each side (making sure they are golden). Set aside.
- In the same pan add onion and mushrooms, cook for about 3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add chicken stock and McCain Creamed Spinach.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes then add chicken breasts back into the pan.
- Add parmesan cheese, close the lid then allow to cook further until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a fresh green salad packed with all your favourite vegetables to add to your meal – and incorporate more colour and nutrients to the dish.