Grown with love, Pink Lady® Apples linger longer on their trees to absorb more of nature’s goodness and develop their beautiful blush and sweet refreshing taste. The heart shaped logo is your assurance of the finest quality, guaranteeing a sweet, juicy and crunchy apple every time!
Packed with goodness
- About 10% of a Pink Lady® Apple is made up of carbohydrates and contains dietary fibre in both the skin and core.
- Approximately 4% of a Pink Lady® Apple is made up of vitamins and minerals. The rest of the apple (more than 80%) is made up of water.
The perfect Pink Lady® Apple takes time to grow so it can absorb more crisp air and sunlight. The result? A satisfying crunch and beautiful blush colour.
Pink Lady® apples excel in fresh salads and pies, perfect for sauces, great for baking, and just plain delicious when eaten on their own! The juicy, crunchy and sweet refreshing taste of Pink Lady® Apples turns everyday recipes into something extra special, especially now that they're in season.
Here's how to make honey mustard chicken and apple bake using the Pink Lady® Apples:
Prep Time: 40 mins
- 8 pieces of drumstick and thigh portion
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T olive oil
- 6 Pink Lady® apples
- 2 red onions
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry apple cider
- 4 T dijon mustard
- 3 T honey
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with a little oil and rub the chicken.
2. Preheat a large ovenproof dish on stove top until hot. Pour remaining oil and swirl to cover. Add chicken and brown until golden on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Core and cut the Pink Lady® Apples into moon slice wedges. Peel onion and also cut into moon slice wedges. Add the Pink Lady® apples and onion into the same oven proof dish and sauté for about 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and cider, mix together.
4. In a small bowl, mix mustard and honey, add chopped thyme and mix together, add to the apple mixture. Return the chicken to the dish.
5. Place the dish into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the liquid is thickened and reduced and chicken is golden brown and tender. Serve.
Pink Lady® apples social media:
Pink Lady® Apples Twitter
Pink Lady® Apples Instagram
Pink Lady® Apples Facebook