When families gather around tables this festive season, memories will be created over endearing hugs, belly-deep laughters and silly banter! However, the real star of these catch-up sessions is always the decadent spread of food. McCain has created two delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes, using their fresh ingredients, to help you create more food memories with your loved ones! Happy cooking…
HAWAIIAN STEAK STIR FRY WITH AVO
400 g rump steak, cut into strips
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups McCain Hawaiian Stir Fry
1 finely chopped red onion
1 green apple, deseeded and diced
1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- In a medium size bowl, combine steak strips with cayenne pepper, honey, olive oil and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place your non-stick pan on high heat for a minute and stir fry rump steak strips for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove steak strips and place in a bowl (keep warm).
- In the same non-stick pan used for steak strips, fry red onion and chilli until soft and brown, then add McCain Hawaiian stir fry and cook a further 3 to 5 minutes until there is no liquid visible, add salt and pepper to taste. Add steak strips, diced green apple and fry for a minute.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, avocadoes, fresh coriander, salt and mix well, mashing with a pestle or fork until mixture is chunky.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan until they’re warm and pliable.
- Place a small amount of meat in each tortilla; top with avocado mixture (guacamole) and garnish with cheddar cheese.
2 cups McCain Sweet Corn
½ tbsp butter
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 fresh red chili, deseeded and chopped
½ bunch of fresh dill
½ bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
3 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper.
- Heat butter in a medium size pan over medium-high heat.
- Add McCain Sweet Corn and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly golden all over and no liquid present. Allow corn to cool down.
- In a large bowl add the McCain Sweet Corn, chili, red onion, dill, coriander leaves, sundried tomatoes, green pepper, fresh tomatoes, lemon juice, season to taste and drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and mix well, then serve.
Serve as a side dish to the tortillas (recipe above)
Win with McCain!
In the spirit of giving, you could stand a chance to win one of eight R1000 shopping vouchers, compliments of McCain.
All you have to do is try one of our recipes and share your creation using the hashtag #growingtogether and #madewithmccain on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
Two winners will be announced every Friday on the McCain social media platforms.