Fuss-proof your back-to-school lunches with The Fry Family Food Co’s nourishing new snacking range. Fry’s crafted this new range especially with kids in mind and they go through the rigorous taste-test panel of The Fry Family Grandkids.
Keep your little one’s energy levels sustained throughout the day with these high-protein, plant-powered lunchbox winners! Convenient, healthy and made with an unwavering commitment to sourcing only the best ingredients with as low an impact on the planet as possible.
Try this recipe for Hungry Monster Pasta (recipe below) or have a look at these 10 fuss-proof, healthy recipes for the snack monsters in your life.
HUNGRY MONSTER PASTA
Cooking time | 30 minutes (includes 8 minutes for pasta) Baking time | 10 minutes
- 1 box of Fry’s No-Meat Balls
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti pasta
- 15ml (1T) olive oil
- 60ml (¼c) onion, sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 can (410g) tomatoes
- vegan mayonnaise
- black olives, pitted (or use little peppercorns or black sesame seeds)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put a tray in the oven and cook the No-Meatballs for about 10 minutes. Rotate the pan so all the No-Meatballs cook evenly. Let them cook for another 5 minutes.
- When cooked, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool.
- Tomato sauce Turn on the stove and add the olive oil in a pot.
- Add the onion with a pinch of salt and cook until it becomes soft, about 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes to the pot, and stir everything together. When the sauce starts to bubble, lower the heat and cover the pot. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Gently add the No-Meatballs to the simmering pasta sauce. Let everything cook for about 7 minutes until heated through.
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Decorate pasta into the shape of the monster’s body! Add two No-Meatballs to form the monster’s body.
- Monster eyes Add a dollop of mayonnaise topped with a sliced olive, peppercorn or sesame seed.
- Save any leftovers for lunch or freeze them!