Many ingredients found in sunscreens and certain sun filters are not biodegradable and can be assimilated by corals and other marine organisms, which can have a very harmful impact on marine ecosystems.
Eau Thermale Avène Sun Care has been formulated to provide optimal sun protection, whilst minimizing the environmental impact. In keeping with this eco-friendly approach, the brand is continuously improving its formulas and packaging to live up to their skin protect and ocean respect promise.
How does the Eau Thermale Avène Sun Care protect the skin?
The range of sun care products offer state-of-the-art UV protection through their exclusive Sunsitive formula. The formula offers broad-spectrum UVA-UVB protection using:
- A powerful combination of 4 sun filters known for their protective ability, skin tolerance and minimal environmental impact.
- An antioxidant complex, Pre-tocopheryl and Thialidine, for complete cell protection against free radical damage.
- Avène Thermal Spring Water, a signature soothing ingredient that helps limit skin irritation.
How do they protect the ocean?
- The ingredients in their sun care range are rigorously selected to reduce the environmental impact.
- A minimal number of sun filters. The filter system does not contain any water-soluble filters, so that they aren’t assimilated by marine organisms. It is also free from controversial filters like oxybenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene and homosalate.
- Silicone-free formulas for optimal biodegradability.
You and your family can enjoy the sunny season with peace of mind, knowing your skin and the environment is protected.
EVEN MORE REASON TO BUY:
R10 of every Eau Thermale Avène Sun Care product sold from November to December 2019 will be donated towards turtle conservation initiatives along the Southern African coast.