Many people are shy to talk about mental illness while others fear the stigma and discrimination that go with it. The rest don’t know what it is, or how to deal with it. For this reason, TRUELOVE has planned an event that will let you in on all issues concerning mental health.
Join Editor Mbali Soga around a table with a panel of experts as they boldly tackle mental health issues that black women don’t really talk about openly. This is an opportunity for you to help break the stigma of mental health in black communities, and educate yourself in order to have a voice and be heard. You will leave this amazing platform with knowledge on issues such as:
- Education on mental health;
- Mental health triggers;
- Coping mechanisms to use in order to thrive;
- How to break mental health barriers in our homes, workplaces and communities; and
- How to assist a loved one suffering from the condition.
We’re in this together!
- Mbali Soga – TRUELOVE Editor
- Dawn Thandeka King – award-winning actress, mental health advocate, healer and motivational speaker.
- Yako Jackson – life coach and a lifelong learner who believes in “being kind on purpose, and spreading love in my interactions with people”.
- Tshidi Wa Ga Pila – neuro-linguistic practitioner and businesswoman. She also doubles as a radio and TV presenter, and focuses on mental strength and meditation.
- Itebogeng Itesh Phalatse – naturopathic physician, spiritual life coach, holistic healer and traditional practitioner. She is the founder of Narayana Institute of Holistic Healing and Authentic Soul Conversations with Kgosigadi Itesh. Among the services she offers are detoxification internally and externally, women-related health issues such as womb steaming, laughter therapy and everything mental and spiritual care.