The Internet creates endless opportunities for creatives like Elaine, who would have remained undiscovered within the traditional music industry space. The talented musician released her debut seven-track EP, Elements, late last year, and instantly made waves as the first independent South African female to top the Apple music charts. Topping the R&B charts made everyone take note and wonder about the young woman with the smooth and delicate voice singing over blues and moody strings. Her single You’re The One is currently at number three on Metro FM’s Top 40, which is a major achievement at the country’s largest urban radio station.
- EXCLUSIVE | Zweli Mkhize's name surfaces in another SIU investigation - this time over a R114m deal
- Stellenbosch University turmoil: Inquiry into racism on the cards as Theuns du Toit's hearing kicks off
- Nick Mallett | SA's venture up north a success in every way while NZ, Aussies stuck on repeat
- More interest rate pain ahead as Kganyago says SA must learn from first-world problems
- Nhlanhla Nene didn't fear Jacob Zuma's wrath, says rule of law is SA's saving grace
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now