Tattooed and forever trendy, Lamiez Holworthy is on our radar because of her hairstyles – we love how experimental she is with her haircuts.
The DJ says she was inspired to embrace her natural hair due to insecurities about her curl pattern, and how her mane never grew long enough for her. “I’m at a point where I’m most comfortable in my own skin and body, and wearing my natural hair makes me feel more liberated and confident.’’
Lamiez now rocks short natural hair that’s cut on the sides, with a soft and curly top. Her barber, Shelden from Legends Barbershop, loves to play around with different shapes and patterns on the back and sides of her head. “Shelden has been cutting my hair for two years now. He’s become family and a very important part of my image. He gets and understands my style.”
Lamiez advises ladies that want to achieve the same look to make sure they use a good conditioner, which has been key to the richness and texture of her hair.
If you’re thinking of rocking Lamiez’s look, we recommend these products:
· Cantu Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream R159,95
· Revlon Realistic Strengthening Conditioner Intense Moisture R79,99
· Mizani Rosewater Hairdress Conditioner R195
· Dark And Lovey Au Naturale Knot-out Conditioner R35,99
· Afrobotanics Black Pearl by Pearl Thusi Hydrating Conditioner R94,95
· Mera Amla Oil Conditioner R99,99