Prep Time: 35 mins
- 1 medium butternut, cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 T Moroccan rub
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T curry masala
- 1 x 400 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
READ MORE: Let's do brunch: toad in a hole
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. On a greased baking tray, place the butternut and sweet potato, sprinkle with Moroccan rub and a drizzle of avocado oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden and tender but firm.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil, add onion and garlic, sauté until translucent. Add curry masala and stir for two minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Cook for three minutes. Add stock and cook until reduced in half and sauce slightly thickened.
4. Add the roasted vegetables and chickpeas, cook in sauce for 10 minutes, until well combined and thick. Stir in coriander.
5. Serve the curry with basmati rice, raita, and tomato and onion salad.