You could mix the wrong pill with your favourite bottle of wine.
Accrding to the National Institutes of Health, about 42% of people who mix alcohol with medication negatively react to it. Symptoms can be as minor as nausea or serious like death.
These are some of the pills to stay away from if you’re planning on indulging in alcohol:
- Anti-anxiety pills
- Allergy medication
- Blood pressure medication
- Pain killers found over the counter
- Blood thinning medication
The institute affirms that whilst it’s very risky for anyone to do this, women are most affected by this, here’s why:
- Women’s bodies have lesser water than men
- Women’s bodies process alcohol slower
When in doubt about the type of medication you’re on, always seek a doctor’s opinion before hitting the bar.