“My beauty regimen consisted of Ingram’s Camphor Cream and roll on,” says songstress Simphiwe Dana as she talks about her favourite beauty products. Please tell us about your look while growing up. What kind of beauty things were you in to? (laughs) I used to be a tomboy in the village. Suffice to say my beauty regimen consisted of Ingram’s Camphor Cream and roll on. How has your beauty regime changed from then to now? I’ve become more health conscious and believe that you take care of your skin by eating right, drinking lots of water and eating your veggies, preferably raw. Please give us five tips to keep your skin flawless. 1. Use toner; 2. Stay away from sugar; 3. Have a skin peel once a month; 4. Don't forget to use sunscreen; and 5. Detox once a month. What beauty product can’t you do without? There's an exfoliator from Clarins that keeps my skin free of impurities – I can’t live without it. What advice would you give someone who relies too much on make-up and is not confident enough to embrace their natural beauty? I wouldn't want to be telling anyone, especially women, what to do with their bodies. However, I’d say you need to occasionally give your skin the chance to breathe as make-up can clog your pores.
- Tributes pour in for late actor Luzuko Nteleko
- How Rich Mnisi’s legs set the internet ablaze | "I took a nap and woke up to my phone going off"
- Zandile Msutwana on her return to The Queen
- These 4 common sex positions can actually be dangerous
- GALLERY | Our favourite looks from the Cell C Inanda Africa Cup
- 'Vengeful spite' and 'publicity seekers': Ace Magashule, ANC meet in court
- Don't worry - we will eventually have the money for SAA, Harith says amid funding concerns
- Karyn Maughan | Malema's bid to gag former EFF MP over VBS ends in tears for the fighters
- Tour Verdict: SA's bowling boxes ticked, but batting issues remain a work in progress
- SABC pins hopes on streaming, ad revenue to take it through tough years ahead
Read your favourite magazine in a convenient PDF form.Read now