TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In order to be eligible to win the prize, entrants to the competition must:
a. be 18 years or older,
b. be South African and in possession of a valid South African identity document,
c. not be a permanent employee of:
I) Old Mutual and subsidiary company of the Old Mutual group of companies (“Old Mutual”);
ii) Media24 and the prize sponsor involved in or associated with the competition; and
III) Not be an immediate family member of any employee referred to in (ci) and (cii).
d. Meet all of the qualifying criteria listed under the heading “How to enter”.
2. By entering the competition, all entrants and winners agree to be bound by these competition rules as interpreted by the sponsor.
3. The sponsor reserves the right to amend, modify or change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion without notice. These changes will take effect from the date of publication on the website. By participating or continuing to participate in the competition, the entrants agree and understand that they will be bound by the amended terms and conditions
4. All entrants consent to their personal information being:
a. used by the sponsor, and
b. shared with the sponsor service providers for purposes of the competition and related identification.
c. shared with a Financial Adviser, to contact the entrants to advise the entrants on financial planning, with a specific focus saving for a child’s education.
5. The competition will run from 15 July 2020 to 15 August 2020.
6. All entrants may only enter the competition once.
7. The prize winner will be selected via a random draw and will be notified by no later than 31 August 2020.
8. The sponsor’s decision will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The prize consists of two laptops. The color of the prize cannot be guaranteed and it is subject to availability.
10. The two laptops will be preloaded with information related to Financial Planning in children’s education and other financial planning information.
11. The sponsor will use its reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically. If the sponsor cannot contact a prize winner during three calls during business hours after the announcement has been made, that person will forfeit the prize and the sponsor reserves the right to then award the prize to the next best entry.
12. The sponsor is not responsible for any costs the winner may have when claiming or using the prize.
13. The prize cannot be exchanged for any other device or item from the prize sponsor and is not transferable for cash.
14. The prize sponsor is responsible for delivery of prizes within a reasonable time of 4 to 6 weeks after the winner has been contacted.
15. The winner is responsible for providing a day time physical address for delivery via Courier and to be present to receive the prize. The sponsor and Media 24 take no responsibility for the loss of the prize should the winner of the prize not be present to receive the prize.
16. By entering into the competition, the entrant indemnifies and holds the sponsor, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors harmless against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this competition.
17. If the sponsors are required by any legislation or the Minister of Trade and Industry, to alter any aspect of the competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the sponsors will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such. In such event, all entrants shall have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the sponsors, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
18. The sponsor reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the competition will not bring the sponsor or any of the sponsor's brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the competition as determined by the sponsor in its sole discretion.
19. The sponsor assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any entry that has been left out from participation for any reason.
20. By entering into the competition, the entrants and prize winners agree and grant permission to have their names, opinions and / or submissions published by Old Mutual on any website or any other similar medium in electronic or printed format. All entrants consent to their names so published by Old Mutual, and agree that they will not hold Old Mutual liable in any way for publishing their names and opinions in any format whatsoever. Entrants are aware that they may access the personal information that Old Mutual holds and request Old Mutual to correct any errors or to delete this information. Entrants may also request Old Mutual at any time to remove their names from any website on which personal information is published by Old Mutual. Old Mutual will never publish any email addresses or any contact telephone numbers of any entrants or prize winners. To view our full privacy notice, visit our website on www.oldmutual.co.za. You can choose to opt out if you don’t want to receive promotional material from the sponsor.