- 1 box chocolate cake mixture
- Eggs,oil, milk per box instructions
- 200g fresh cherries, pitted
- 1cup sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 3T lime juice
- 1tsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 200g white chocolate
READ MORE: Easter treat: hot cross buns
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and grease. Prepare according to instructions on box. Bake in oven. Remove and leave to cool.
2. On the stove top, add cherries, sugar and brandy, bring to simmer, stirring all time. Add a little water if it starts to evaporate, cook until cherries are soft. Set aside to cool completely.
READ MORE: 5 minutes with entrepreneur Neo Nontso
3. Bring cream to boil, add chocolate pieces and whisk to mix over a double boiler. Leave to cool, then whisk using an electric beater till creamy and fluffy.
4. Make a hole in the centre of cupcake, fill with cherries mixture, close. Place ganache into piping bag with star nozzle fitted and swirl over the cupcakes. Garnish with fresh cherries.