Palmer’s Natural Fusions Chia Seed & Argan Oil Hair Mask R39,99
This is an intensive deep-conditioning treatment that uses protein-rich chia seed and nourishing argan oil to repair dry, damaged hair. It is free of parabens, sulphates, silicones, mineral oil or dyes. It works wonders on damaged hair and improves strength. It’s perfect for split ends, breakage-prone hair or hair damaged from styling or processing. It can also be used as an overnight treatment.
READ MORE: Wig inspo: Kamo Modisakeng
Dark & Lovely Au Naturale Hair Rescue Intensive Repairing Mask R84,99
This repairing mask contains a blend of restorative amla and avocado oils to revive dry and damaged hair. Seal moisture into each strand with this tub of goodness for rich, silky, healthier hair. This rinse-off treatment intensely conditions your hair leaving it looking rejuvenated, hydrated and sleeker.
READ MORE: Dreadlock queens
Cantu Clarify & Renew Hair & Scalp Masque R34,99
This hair mask is made with pure shea butter and bentonite clay to renew hair without stripping its natural oils. It also contains vitamin nourishment for elasticity and shine. It contains no sulphates, silicones, parabens or mineral oil. It removes product buildup and impurities leaving your hair and scalp purified and moisturised.
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate Shea Butter Hair Mask R189,95
A creamy shea butter is whipped into this hydrating mask blend along with rich coconut and macadamia oils which help to deeply quench, nourish, and soften strands to get your hair back to health. If your hair is feeling extra dry, use this mask as a leave-in treatment on wet hair to deeply condition your strands.
Iwori Ultra Nourishing Hair Treatment Mask R56,99
This ultra-nourishing hair treatment mask is enriched with organic African baobab oil, shea butter and argan oil, known to be effective in helping to hydrate, condition and smooth very dry hair. Argan oil helps to improve the softness and shine of each hair strand. The concentrated infusion of oils, shea butter and plant protein complex penetrates through each strand delivering essential moisture to boost shine, leaving hair feeling nourished.
How to get the most out of hair masks:
1. Hair masks should be applied to slightly damp hair as a conditioning treatment and worked in from root to tip. To help the hair mask penetrate your hair shaft deeply, allow it to sit for 10–15 minutes before rinsing.
READ MORE: How to teach your child to love her own hair
2. Hair masks with protein and amla oil are ideal for dry relaxed strands, and coconut oil and honey will add that extra bounce and shine to natural hair.
3. Excessive manipulation and heat damage can leave your tresses looking brittle, dull and lifeless. A hair mask can rejuvenate your hair and improve vibrancy and texture.
4. Use a hair mask twice a week for a boost to your mane.
5. To seal in all the hair mask’s goodness and moisture, wear a satin bonnet while allowing it to do the work, and at night while you sleep.