This lemon curd pavlova is light and crunchy, but zesty and fresh – just the dessert you need for the summer festive season.
With a ready-made SPAR Freshline pavlova as base, you can put all the effort into making a lemon curd that is just the right amount of sweet and sour. Once you’ve made the lemon curd and syrup, it’s just assembling that’s left. Remember: entertaining doesn’t have to be a stressful affair with SPAR’s range of Freshline products. The range allows you to effortlessly impress family and friends – they’ll never know you didn’t do everything from scratch!
Lemon curd pavlova
Serves: 8 – 10 | Prep time: 30 minutes
- 140 g (145 ml) caster sugar
- 170 ml SPAR lemon juice
- 170 g (185 ml) unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Finely grated zest of a SPAR Freshline lemon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 100 g (125 ml) SPAR castor sugar
- 125 g SPAR Freshline blueberries
- 125 g SPAR Freshline strawberries, hulled and halved
- 125 g SPAR Freshline gooseberries, halved
- 6 SPAR Freshline nectarines, sliced
- 2 cups SPAR fresh cream
- 1/4 cup SPAR icing sugar
- 1 x 500 g SPAR Freshline Christmas pavlova
- 10 biscuits from SPAR Freshline festive biscuits bucket, crumbled
1. For the lemon curd: In a saucepan, add all the lemon curd ingredients and simmer over low heat, stirring continuously, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
2. For the filling: Bring the orange juice and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid has halved and has a syrupy consistency. Add the fruit to a large bowl and pour over the hot syrup. Let it cool.
3. To assemble: Place the pavlova on a serving platter. Spoon the lemon curd on top and spread it over the base. Whip the cream and icing sugar together until soft peaks form. Spoon onto the curd. Add the fruit on top of the cream. To finish, drizzle over any leftover orange syrup and add a sprinkle of biscuit crumbs. Serve.