Can be used to stuff chicken, turkey, or vegetables like peppers and tomatoes, or it can be enjoyed on its own
MAKES | 8 PREP + COOKING TIME | 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon bits
- 2 1/2 cups cooked SPEKKO SAMAN BROWN RICE
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions, with tops
- 1/2 cup chopped celery stalks
- & leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet or heavy bottom-based pan over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet or pan, place on a plate and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add the onion, green onions, celery and red pepper. Sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes. The vegetables should be tender and lightly browned when ready.
3. Stir in the celery seeds, salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add the rice and toss until the rice is well coated with the vegetables and seasoning.
4. Stir in the parsley, chop the bacon and add it.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 15 minutes before stuffing your bird or vegetables.
6. To serve the stuffing as a side dish, stir constantly and cook about 4 minutes after adding the parsley. The rice should be hot when ready.