There are few things as comforting as a bowl of tasty soup on a cold day. With the help of SPAR Freshline, you can whip up this deliciously creamy butternut soup in a flash. It’s loaded with flavour.
Frying the curry spices helps release their flavour but take care because it’s easy to burn them.
SERVES | 4-6 PREP TIME | 30 MINS
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 SPAR Freshline onion, diced
- 30 ml mild curry spice
- 1 packet (600 g) SPAR Freshline butternut soup mix
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 3 SPAR Freshline oranges, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 SPAR Freshline bran & seed wraps
- 45 ml melted butter
- Cream to serve
1. In a large pot over medium heat, fry the onions and curry spice in hot oil for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2. Add the SPAR Freshline butternut soup mix and fry for 1 more minute. Pour in the stock and orange zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3. In the meantime, cut the SPAR Freshline whole wheat wraps into quarters, then halve each quarter. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush with butter. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
4. Use a stick blender to purée the soup until smooth and creamy. Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
5. To serve, spoon the soup into bowls, add a dash of cream and the wrap croutons.
Don’t feel like making your own croutons? Use ready-made SPAR Freshline croutons instead. There are different flavours available.