SERVES | 4 PREP + COOKING TIME | 35 mins
- 1 cup IMBO BLACK LENTILS
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cooked long grain parboiled rice
- Micro herbs to garnish
- For the lemon dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1. Combine the lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups of water or stock and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat until the broth reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and maintain the simmer for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
2. Use a strainer to drain and rinse the lentils in cold water for 1 minute until they are chilled. Set them aside.
3. Combine all of the lemon dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
4. Add the cooked rice, chilled lentils, cucumber, red onion, mint and tomatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon dressing and toss until well combined. Garnish with micro herbs.