SERVES | 4 PREP + COOKING TIME | 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup IMBO SAGO
- 3 cups water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 big mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (176 g) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1. Soak the sago pearls in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Pour out the surplus water.
2. Place the sago and coconut milk in a large saucepan. Bring the sago to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together with 1-2 tablespoons of the boiled milk.
4. Add the egg yolks to the sago. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, allow the sago to thicken but do not let it boil. Remove from the heat.
5. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into the sago.
6. Add half of the mango chunks into a blender. Add the evaporated milk. Mix at the highest speed until it forms a smooth paste. Taste the paste, add sugar (if using) and blend again.
1. Divide and add the sago pearls into serving bowls. Top with the mango paste and the remaining mango chunks.
2. Garnish as desired. Chill the desserts in the fridge for an hour before serving. Enjoy! (Suggestion: garnish with micro herbs)