SERVES | 4 PREP + COOKING TIME | 48 minutes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cups SPEKKO LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1. In a small bowl, mix all the spices and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a nonstick pan on medium heat.
3. Place chicken, lemon juice and some salt into the pot and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. Once done, take the chicken out and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
5. Add diced pepper, tomatoes, rice and the spice mixture. Sauté the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
6. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt to taste.
7. Place partially cooked chicken over the rice and reduce the heat to low for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken is well done. Place the lid on while cooking the rice. Once cooked, turn off the heat and let the rice steam for 10 minutes before fluffling with a fork.
8. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve warm.