Over the next few weeks, we will be featuring the 2020 winners and finalists of the Santam Women of the Future Awards, in association with FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE. Entrepreneurs and SMEs are the lifeblood of South Africa’s economy, and we wholeheartedly support these incredible female entrepreneurs. We believe in providing a platform on which to showcase their incredible businesses.
The nine business women who will be featured have inspired us with their entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to seeing their business ideas through, and the sheer resilience and determination that they have shown during this unprecedented time.
Luella Naidoo of Jezriel Craig Holdings
When Luella Naidoo’s son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, she found she couldn’t give him the care he needed and fulfil a demanding role in the HIV field. After 11 years in the healthcare sector, it was time for Luella to find something more flexible.
‘I noticed that many business graduates were without employment after graduating,’ Luella says. Using her background, she set up Jezriel Craig Holdings, which connects graduates who have a BSc or business degree with companies in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. Luella’s company’s key offerings are training and development, recruitment, recruitment of people living with disabilities, graduate programmes, and contract sales force. ‘We’re especially proud of the work we’ve done to help the differently abled find work that suits their needs.’
At this unprecedented time, there’s an even greater need for businesses like Jezriel Craig Holdings. ‘Covid-19 has shown us that we have to be agile, flexible and ready to diversify.’
For more information, visit Luella Naidoo on Facebook.
Santam, FAIRLADY and TRUELOVE are searching for South Africa’s most enterprising entrepreneurs!
Do you have what it takes to be our next Woman of the Future?
HOW IT WORKS
The Santam Woman of the Future title is awarded to:
- an entrepreneur aged 30 or older
- whose business is more than 1 000 days old, and
- who is well on her way to establishing an extensive enterprise.
- R100 000 in cash from Santam
- A full-page advertisement in FAIRLADY or TRUELOVE to promote the business, social enterprise or NPO
- An hour’s invaluable mentorship with one of our judges
- A one-year supply of African Extracts Rooibos skincare products (beauty sponsor), worth R3 500
- A GetSmarter online short course, worth R11 900
- Leather accessories, worth R5 000, from Zemp
- Business printing, worth R5 000, from Lithotech
- A women’s branded watch, worth R6 599, from American Swiss Fine Jewellers
- A Samsonite Prodigy Spinner Expandable (55cm) carry-on, worth R5 000
Head to womenofthefuture.co.za to enter or to nominate an entrepreneur. Entries close on 23 June 2021. Terms and conditions apply.