Sure, it was just payday, but why not get perfectly trendy, comfy, essential, delicious even, goods for much less?
I recently visited Access Park in Stikland, Cape Town. Now, I have always heard its praises sung by friends, yet have only once ventured there but 10 years ago.
And I hate sales, it's always chaotic.
But I decided to give it a go, as I really needed good jeans, for less. And guys, I found a pair of perfect Levi's classic 501 jeans for just R199. I mean.
Yes, all about that thrifty life!
1. MRP, Jet, Ackermans, Pep, and Cotton On (especially their sales!) have great basics and trend items.
Perfect example, MRP R120 boots (left) vs Zara R700+ boots (right).
2. "Access Park without a doubt! Also love the Bargain Books factory shop in Diep River. And then searching for treasures at the SARDA boot sale (once a month in Constantia) and Milnerton Market."- Carine
Access Park (Stikland or Kenilworth in Cape Town) has an almost majestic range of wonders: from the Cotton On outlet store to Levi's and Triumph. This is also a fantastic place to go hunting for adidas, Under Armour etc. sportswear.
3. "For really good bargains on clothes the factories in and around Brickfield Rd, Salt River is a good place to go." - Aneeqah
Yes, especially great for undies, head to the Playtex store says Cape Town Magazine, and get beautiful pieces for up to 50% off.
5. Melville second-hand shopping and thrift stores: Check out Bounty Hunters Charity Shop and Junkie Charity Store for quirky cool goodies. They often have cool items like baskets or '90s items perfect for now, at a fraction of the price that many 'trendy' second-hand shops sell them at.
TIP: Also check out the True Grit market held every First Thursdays in Bree Street, Cape Town for fantastic retro pieces for cheap-cheap.
6. Visit Durban's once a month I Heart Market. It's a great place to shop a variety of goodies, including clothing, accessories and delicious treats.
7. VintiQueen Vintage Store, in Maboneng has great one offs and sales.
Any places we've missed and should include? Mail your suggestions here.
Sign up to W24’s newsletters so you don't miss out on any of our hot stories and giveaways.